Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Star quilt, and off centered diamond

Just a little show and tell!!!!
I spent the fall season working on two quilts for Christmas gifts.
Those gifts were given to my girls.

I'm pretty sure they knew all along what I was making them for Christmas. 
I asked alot of questions, to figure out colors, and patterns, they would like best.
Quilting has been passed down in my family. Hand quilting, machine quilting 
and everything in between.
Everyone in my family had and has, some sort of artistic, creative powers.
I'm happy to say, my daughters are finally showing their creative powers. Now that they both own homes and have families of their own, they are creating beautiful works of art to decorate their homes.
It's nice to know, Mom and Grandmother taught me well enough to pass something on to my own girls. I love seeing their creations as they become more creative.

Before Mom got sick she bought a quilting machine. She loved playing with it. She tried all kinds of creative quilting styles. and designs. I'm not that brave. I have been using my Mother's quilting machine, but for now I tend to stick to simple quilting styles.
Its still bitter sweet, using her machine. I miss Mom, keeping an eye on me, and reminding me to make sure I keep the wrinkles off the backing, and be mindful of my stitching. 
Not too tight, not too loose.


The pictures are not the best. But it is the dead of winter here. 
And cold dreary days make these quilts much needed.

My oldest daughters quilt....

And the youngest daughters quilt.....

With Christmas over, I am currently working on one of my Mother's quilts.
I hope to get it finished in January, and add it to Mom's donation pile.

Happy Sewing!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment