Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Paper Napkin Transfer Card



I have always wanted to try the Napkin transfer technique.
I had an extra day off from school today, and I was given a package of paper napkins.
So it seemed like a good time to try the transfer.
This technique is a great way to get a cool 
back ground on your card or scrapbook page, without spending any money.

Supplies needed are:
Printed paper napkin
Scissors
ironing board or towel
Iron
 (I started with my mini Iron, but decided I needed my full size iron)
 two sheets of unprinted paper
plastic wrap, brand doesn't matter.
Card stock, cut to size you need

My card stock was cut at 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
Just to enough to fit the front of an A2 card.


After you have all your supplies, take one napkin and peel away all the layers.
There are 3 layers to the decorated paper napkins.
You want the printed piece only.


Next, Layer all pieces as shown below:
Towel/iron board
Sheet of unprinted paper
Your precut card stock
one sheet of plastic wrap to cover your precut card stock
Situate your napkin over plastic wrap
Then lay down another piece of unprinted paper
Everything should be sandwiched, nice and neat.


Start ironing on the top, unprinted sheet.
I ironed for about 30 seconds, then started lifting layers to see if the napkin is sticking to the card stock. I kept ironing in places that were not sticking well.


Once I was sure the napkin was sticking to the card stock, I started peeling everything apart.
This is a little messy. Be careful not to peel the napkin from the card stock.


Trim the napkin around the card stock.


And its ready to use.
It has a nice soft feel to it. Like fabric.
And the possibilities are as endless as there are Napkins!!!


Also on this card I used Stampin Up's 
Falling Flowers and Rose Wonder stamp sets
and, Rose Garden and May Flowers Framelits Dies.

Note: Be careful not to melt the plastic wrap to your iron. ;)

Happy Stamping!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment