Sunday, February 24, 2013

Explosion Boxes, My Way!

I have seen alot of instructions and videos on how to make explosion boxes.
They just seemed to be too much work.
I needed a way to make them easier and faster.
I saw a picture of an explosion box that looked pretty simple.
I couldn't find instructions for it so I created my own.
I am probably way off compared to the original , however, mine work and look just as nice.
 

 
I can't wait to have a class on this!
 
Directions:
 
I'm using white paper and markings for instruction use only!
 
Box Base: 12x12 inch paper,
Using Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Score at 4 and 8 inches.
 
Turn paper quarter turn, and score again at 4 and 8 inches.
 
Using Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586)
Score each of the corners, from outside corners to 4 inch score line.
 
Cut each corner from 8 inch score line to 4 inch score line.
 
 
Fold on all score lines.
Base should look like this.
 
Box Top Directions:
7 1/2 x 7 1/2 inch square
Score at 3/4 , 1 5/8 , 5 7/8 , 6 3/4 inches.
 
Turn paper quarter turn and score again at
3/4 , 1 5/8, 5 7/8 , 6 3/4 inches.
 
Cut Black lines shown. Cut away all X pieces.
 
Fold all score lines
 
Use tape on Tabs and Flaps that fold over the Tabs.
Box top Complete.
 
Inside, Extra Flaps ( if desired)
10 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch square.
Scored at 3 1/2 and 7 inches. Turn paper quarter turn and score at 3 1/2 and 7 inches.
 
Cut away each of the corner squares and fold on all score lines.
 
Tape to Inside, Bottom of box.
 
Decorate at desired!
This one was given as a gift.
 
 
Happy Stamping!

 
 


1 comment: