Monday, October 3, 2011

Just Peachie!

I love peaches!
So when Dad and Kathleen brought me a bushel full of the fuzzy, sweet smelling peaches,
I had to start making JAM!
I managed to get one batch done last night, and two batches tonight.
Plus there is banana bread in the oven right now. Mmmm.... smells good.
 Now Canning.......... is a different story!
Mom says, sometimes when her jam doesn't set, she dumps it out and starts over.
I don't have that problem. Because if the jam doesn't seem to be as thick as I'd like it, then it just becomes syrup for pancakes, waffles and ice cream....  :)
I have more difficulties with my jars not sealing!!! At least one jar in every batch won't seal. I get frustrated enough that I just take that jar and stick it in the Freezer! WaaLa! Freezer Jam!!!
No matter how its made, it gets eaten and enjoyed, by all, in my home! And its soooo good!
Two more batches to go!!!!!!





Have a fantastic Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment